Flu Vaccine Facts
Flu Shot Facts
How Does The Vaccine Work?
- Flu vaccines cause antibodies to develop in the body about two weeks after vaccination. These antibodies provide protection against infection with the viruses that are in the vaccine.
- Everyone 6 months of age and older should get a flu vaccine every season.
- Children younger than 6 months old.
- People with severe, life-threatening allergies to the vaccine or ingredients of the vaccine.
- As soon as the vaccine becomes avaliable (late August/September). The vaccine provides approximately 6 months of protection from the flu.